Community

Thoughts On Anaheim From A New Resident

We received this from Brian Harrington, a new Anaheim resident who wanted to share his thoughts about his newly adopted home town: I moved to California in 2010 to attend Azusa Pacific University 15 miles easy of Pasadena. After graduating I’ve lived in Glendora, Studio City, Costa Mesa, Laguna Beach, Oceanside, and now as of this year Anaheim. That’s a ...

Read More »

Mayor Sidhu: Fast-Track West Anaheim Revitalization Project

I am excited to announce long-awaited economic development plans for West Anaheim! The time has come to move development forward. At our June 18 City Council meeting, I will direct staff to agendize the necessary approvals to move forward in order to have plans before the Council by our July 30 meeting. When I campaigned for Mayor, too many West ...

Read More »

Magnolia School District Honors Heroic 7-11 Cashier Who Protected Student From Predator

From the Magnolia School District: At the June 6th Board meeting, the Magnolia School District Board of Trustees recognized Mrs. Marisol Molina and eight Police Officers and three Police Sergeants from the Anaheim Police Department for their heroism. Anaheim Police Chief Jorge Cisneros and Captain Joe Reiss were in attendance. On May 9th, 2019, a Magnolia School District student was approached and ...

Read More »

Anaheim Flag Day Parade Is This Sunday, June 9

The 24th Annual Anaheim Flag Day Celebration takes place this Sunday, June 9 in Pearson Parr (401 N. Lemon Street). Admission is free and the tribute to Old Glory runs from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Festivities include a patriotic parade and performances, a barbecue, and cake and ice cream. This year’s parade Grand Marshal is retired US Army Command ...

Read More »

Anaheim Youth Job Fair This Saturday, June 1

From the City of Anaheim: Looking for a job? We’ve got tons of resources at Anaheim Workforce Connection‘s Youth Job Fair this Saturday, June 1 from 9 a.m. to noon at Brookhurst Community Center. You can learn about how to apply for jobs, interview and network with employers, plus connect with future job opportunities. The fair is geared toward those in ...

Read More »

Remembering The Meaning of Memorial Day

More than 651,000 Americans have died in battle defending the United States, our freedom and our way of life (1.2 million have died during wartime service). Memorial Day is when we honor and reflect upon their supreme sacrifice for our Republic. More than any other public pronouncements, I think President Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address – written before there was a ...

Read More »

Anaheim Jumps Up 11 Spots In Annual ParkScore Rankings

Anaheim jumped up 11 places from last year in the annual ParkScore Index released by the Trust for Public Lands (TPL).  The index ranks park systems in the 100 largest U.S. cities, and Anaheim moved up to 57th place. TPL’s ParkScore Index ranks city parks based on four factors: Park access: the percentage of residents living within a 10-minute ...

Read More »

District 2 Update From Councilman Jordan Brandman

From District 2 Councilman Jordan Brandman: Investing in our children In April, we invested in our youth by giving them endless amounts of opportunities. I was proud to be involved in the Snap the Gap launch and the Dreamers & Doers Luminary Scholarship Awards. The Snap the Gap program launched at West Anaheim’s very own Walt Disney School. LittleBits, Disney, ...

Read More »
Skip to toolbar