Community

21st Annual “Swinging’ On The Promenade” In Downtown Anaheim on August 10

From Downtown Anaheim: Celebrate the 21st Annual Swingin’ on the Promenade in conjunction with the Anaheim Art Crawl Experience. Each year on a starry summer evening, Center Street Promenade in Downtown Anaheim is transformed into an outdoor 1940’s swing club. “Art Crawl Experience” or simply “ACE” is a visually invigorating, tastefully titillating, and an auditory explosive art walk and arts ...

Read More »

Karina’s Backpack Project To Give Away 5,000 Backpacks At Angel Stadium On August 4

On August 4th, 2019 from 10:00am to 4:00pm, Angel Stadium will proudly host Karina’s Backpack Project. Fueled by Karina’s passion to create community connection, the event will provide low income families with elementary and middle school student supplies, resources and services for a successful school year. Karina’s Backpack Project will give 5,000 elementary and middle school students in need backpacks with ...

Read More »

Former Anaheim Councilman Irv Pickler Passes Away

Former Anaheim Councilman Irv Pickler passed away on July 17.  He was 98. Public and community service was a hallmark of Pickler’s life. Pickler served for 12 years on the Anaheim City Council, from 1982 to 1994, and was an elected trustee on the Anaheim High School District Board of Education during the 1960s. He also served as a member ...

Read More »

Nearly 100 Residents Convene At Anaheim First Community Summit

Anaheim First kicked off the historic Anaheim Community Assessment with a packed community summit on July 10 that was attended by nearly 100 Anaheim residents of all ages, from every walk of life and every part of the city. Anaheim First is a 501(c)(3) grass-roots community organization whose mission is generating resident-driven solutions that positively transform our neighborhoods — led ...

Read More »

Thoughts On Anaheim From A New Resident

We received this from Brian Harrington, a new Anaheim resident who wanted to share his thoughts about his newly adopted home town: I moved to California in 2010 to attend Azusa Pacific University 15 miles easy of Pasadena. After graduating I’ve lived in Glendora, Studio City, Costa Mesa, Laguna Beach, Oceanside, and now as of this year Anaheim. That’s a ...

Read More »

Mayor Sidhu: Fast-Track West Anaheim Revitalization Project

I am excited to announce long-awaited economic development plans for West Anaheim! The time has come to move development forward. At our June 18 City Council meeting, I will direct staff to agendize the necessary approvals to move forward in order to have plans before the Council by our July 30 meeting. When I campaigned for Mayor, too many West ...

Read More »

Magnolia School District Honors Heroic 7-11 Cashier Who Protected Student From Predator

From the Magnolia School District: At the June 6th Board meeting, the Magnolia School District Board of Trustees recognized Mrs. Marisol Molina and eight Police Officers and three Police Sergeants from the Anaheim Police Department for their heroism. Anaheim Police Chief Jorge Cisneros and Captain Joe Reiss were in attendance. On May 9th, 2019, a Magnolia School District student was approached and ...

Read More »

Anaheim Flag Day Parade Is This Sunday, June 9

The 24th Annual Anaheim Flag Day Celebration takes place this Sunday, June 9 in Pearson Parr (401 N. Lemon Street). Admission is free and the tribute to Old Glory runs from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Festivities include a patriotic parade and performances, a barbecue, and cake and ice cream. This year’s parade Grand Marshal is retired US Army Command ...

Read More »
Skip to toolbar