From the City of Anaheim:
Tree Lighting Events In Anaheim This Weekend
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Dec. 3, 2015) Attending a tree lighting ceremony with family and friends is a fun and festive way to kick off the holiday season, and this weekend residents have two chances to enjoy Christmas cheer. Both events will include music, crafts, photos with Santa and, of course, the spectacular tree lighting moments. So let’s bundle up and enjoy an evening or two together during this special time of year.
West Anaheim Holiday Magic Christmas Tree Lighting
Hosted by the West Anaheim Neighborhood Development Council
Twila Reid Park
Friday, Dec. 4, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Holiday music and a bonfire
- Photos with Santa
- Crafts for children
- Canned food drive
- Food for purchase
- A booth on Anaheim’s planning initiative to enhance Beach Boulevard – the Beach Boulevard Specific Plan. Take a survey for a chance to win prizes!
21st Annual Nutcracker Christmas Tree Lighting & Holiday Village
Hosted by the Downtown Anaheim Association
Downtown Anaheim on Center Street
Saturday, Dec. 5, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- More than 20 holiday craft activities
- A real snow play area
- Children’s train ride
- Free photos with Santa
- Holiday musical performances
- A holiday shopping village with more than 40 booths
- An international food fair
- Free admission to the MUZEO’s holiday model train exhibit
- At 5:45 p.m., the Loara High School Marching Band will lead a processional down Center Street to the 50 foot Christmas tree, lit by Anaheim Ducks mascot Wild Wing, with musical performances by the Anaheim Ballet and combined choirs from the Anaheim Union High School District
For more information on the City of Anaheim, please visit www.anaheim.net.